FloMedical provides training in vascular access devices and PICC insertion for clinicians, nurses, PICC teams and other medical professionals. Ongoing seminars, training days and demonstrations are paramount in our quest to provide solutions to you, as medical professionals. Read more about this PICC insertion course for nurses and other medical professionals in Australia, to learn the essentials in vascular access.
Why not consider improving your vascular access and PICC insertion skills.
401241 Essentials in vascular access
This unit focuses on developing knowledge through access to online material, to enhance competency and skills to insert peripheral VADs and manage most acute and chronic devices. The course also includes facilitated simulated workshops and practical application in the workplace. They are run by a nominated clinical mentor.
This unit is structured as a 10 credit point unit.
Areas of study also include:
- Introduction to Vascular Access
- Vascular Anatomy and Physiology
- Vessel Health and Preservation
- Intravenous Therapy
- Types of Vascular Access Devices
- Venepuncture and blood sampling
- Sterile blood culture collection
- Peripheral cannulation (PICC Insertion)
- Strategies to reduce catheter associated bloodstream infection (CABSI)
- Care and Management of Vascular Access Devices
- Identifying and responding to complications.