The M/29 Bullpup fills the current gap in effective IV solutions. The average hospitalised patient’s length of stay is longer than 2-3 days.
IV Access By the Numbers:
- The average length of hospital stay is 5-6 days
- 90% of hospitalized patients require IV access
- Standard IV cannulas are changed every 72 hours
- A successful insertion requires, on average, 2.2 sticks
The bottom line: During an average length of stay most patients will experience almost 5 needle sticks at 2 insertion sites.
Needle sticks are a prime patient concern, especially among the growing older population, who are prone to more frequent hospitalizations and whose veins are particularly difficult to find, fragile, and over used.
In addition, IV cannulation is a potential source of hospital acquired infection (HAI).
Yet patients who expect to stay the average of 5-6 days still get an IV. This IV is replaced after 48-72 hours. In fact the US alone uses 300 million standard IV cannulas each year.
Bullpup Scientific has developed the M/29 Bullpup catheter – a novel IV cannula with a remarkable dwell time of up to 29 days, which far exceeds the average length of hospital stay. Yet it is as easy to use and as cost-effective as a standard IV cannula.
The M29 Bullpup is an 8cm polyurethane over-the-needle catheter. It inserts like a standard IV cannula. However its special design allows insertion without touching the catheter itself.
The M29 Bullpup is the first and only catheter system specifically designed to allow any trained IV inserter to insert an extended dwell catheter.
Quick and simple insertion reduces handling time and the associated risks of complications and increased costs.
The M/29 Bullpup fills the current gap in effective IV access for the average hospitalised patient whose length of stay will be longer than 2-3 days.
- Lowest IV access cost in the market
- Up to 29 days dwell time
- Standard insertion procedure
- Minimal training
- Reduces catheter restarts and associated needle sticks
- High patient satisfaction
- Category: Safety IV catheter
- Insertion time: >1 minute
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound compatible
- Clinical Indication: IV access >48 hours
- Gauge: >20-18ga
- Deep vein: Deep vein access
- Dwell time: up to 29 days
- Pressure: Rated up to 325 PSI
- Notched needle: Notched needle for quick blood view
- Ported or non-ported Bullpup available