PICCsox® are medical armbands designed to hold in position, cover and protect PICC (peripherally inserted central catheter) placed in a patient’s arm. PICCsox® are worn as an outside garment to protect the PICC from dislodgement or accidental removal. Dislodgement is one of the most frequent issues associated with PICC’s which often causes patients to be re-admitted to hospital for re-insertion of the device.
PICCsox®, made from a bamboo blend, assist in holding the PICC in position. They also protect the sterile dressing by providing a hypoallergenic barrier, helping protect against harmful germs and ensuring the area stays dry and clean. PICC Line Cover Protectors protects and covers your PICC Line and helps prevent pulling and/or displacement.
- Multiple sizes
- Bamboo blend
- Latex free
- Easy to wear
- Suitable for overnight wear
- Mesh window for visibility
- Easy care
- Durable and reusable
- Comfortable design
- Australian owned
- ISO 9001:2015 certified
Instructions for Use
- Ensure the PICCsox® is placed over the PICC with the netting (window) covering the PICC dressing & central to the PICC.
- Fit should be snug but not too tight. Select the correct sizing so as to easily fit 2 fingers under the band without excessive pressure. 6 stock sizes available – see size guide below.
- Discard and replace the garment if it becomes soiled or damaged.
- If any redness, pain or swelling occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician or health professional immediately.
PICCsox® Care Instructions
- Hand wash or machine wash on a gentle cycle with mild detergent. Remove from cleaning immediately to drip dry (recommended).
- Do not use any detergent containing bleach. Chlorine bleaching will destroy the natural properties of the bamboo fabric and cause yellowing or staining.
- Bamboo fabric maintains its antibacterial and hypoallergenic properties when washed in cold to warm water (up to 60 Celsius).
- If hand washing, rinse well to prevent staining due to left over soap residue which can also irritate the skin.
- We recommend daily washing and changing. Each patient should use two or three PICCsox® in rotation.
- Please see Care Instruction label inside.
- Use the inside label for information notes.
FloMedica is a company with the mission to provide the best medical solutions to customers, surgeries and hospitals, in Australia and world wide. With a strong emphasis on providing patients with the best possible outcomes, PICCsox® are our core service and product offering.
PICC dislodgement has clinical and economic consequences that can include time-consuming restarts, another invasive procedure, and delays in treatment. However, we recommend additional PICC line securements for PICC line success. Success of PICC lines urgently requires interventions, such as innovations in dressing and securement of PICCs.
FloMedical, an Australian company specialising in vascular access for the last 10 years, distribute the PICCsox®. It is important you can deal with a trusted company. We certainly supply to major hospitals, surgeries and medical practices throughout every state and territory of Australia.